Students, staff, faculty, and the public can use the library catalog to search for particular items or browse our collection. In addition, registered students and faculty/staff can use the catalog to place holds and renew items.
External Library Access
Access the Ohio Web Library (OWL)
The Ohio Web Library may be accessed by all Ohio residents as well as by anyone using a computer or mobile device in Ohio. See Access the Ohio Web Library below for more information.
Choose general or specific
- General - Click here for the OWL's homepage. You will be able to search many of the resources at one time.
- Specific - To find databases that are specific to a particular subject, browse the topics in the section below - "Find a Database or Website."
Let OWL know you are in Ohio
- OWL resources are provided free of charge to all Ohio residents or anyone using a device within the State of Ohio.
- OWL will try to verify that you are in Ohio; if that can be confirmed, you will be granted access.
- When you see a screen asking for your library card number, do not panic! You should see a pop-up message informing you that "OPLIN wants to know your location." Click the YES button.
- If you do not see this message, you may need to go into your browser's settings and allow pop-ups.